Monday, November 15, 2004

Home, messy home...

Yes, I finally moved! Now I'm in my new apartment, but I can't say I'm enjoying it that much. I'm still waking up in the morning and not really recognizing where I am and wondering when I'm going back home. Then I realize I'm home! I have a whole huge apartment just for myself!

On Saturday I received my mattress (or I can call it the tall flat stone - I really like it!) and my dining room set (table, chairs and a hutch - very fancy one, actually!). Then I had a living room full of boxes and these pieces of furniture. After chatting with my parents, I went shopping for a microwave oven, bed sheets and some other small details. I spent the rest of the day trying to open boxes and organize my apartment. However, I found out soon enough that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere, because I didn't have enough organized storage space (no drawers or shelves in any of the rooms, except the kitchen, bathroom and the new hutch). So, on Sunday I went out and bought bookshelves and a 4 drawer dresser.

I spent pretty much the rest of the day building these things (yes, you have to mount them). Actually I wasn't feeling great, maybe because I did more work than I was ready to do, so, before I was able to finish the bookshelves (the only thing that is left to do is to stand it straight and choose the position of the shelves) I decided to stop and rest for the rest of the evening (this was very early - something like 8:30 pm). However, I din't sleep that well. The whole time I thought I was going to wake up late and be late to work! This was a very ridiculous thought, because I would never be able to sleep that much to get late, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. And I wasn't feeling too good either. It was interesting that I was feeling cold and hot at the same time. Parts of my body felt cold and others were drenched in sweat. Very strange night indeed. But I feel better today! The only thing now is that I have to decide what I should work on.

0 comments: