Saturday, February 05, 2005

Exhausted

I'm almost there. I actually was there, but then I decided to remove a whole section to start all over again. It's not supposed to be a long section, but an important one. The only reason why I haven't finished everything yet and I'm ready to start partying is that I'm exhausted! My brain stopped functioning!

And it's not entirely because of my dissertation, but also (and specially) because I got a phone call from one of the managers from work and he started asking me lots of work-related questions, to try to understand what I was doing, what other people in my team were doing, and why. Almost 1 1/2 hours later I was done and he was happy enough with my answers (I hope). But my brain decided that working on my dissertation since 7 am plus a 1 1/2 hour work-related phone discussion (have I mentioned that I HATE phones?), and 30 minutes of clarinet playing (do you believe in that? It was actually interrupted by the phone call - I thought it was my upstairs neighbors pleading me to stop playing)... Oh, I also had an hour chat with my parents and my grandmother (that's why I started getting the "conspiracy" that I mentioned before - although my mother mentioned more than once that I will probably never go back home, and that made me really sad). How come I was able to almost finish my dissertation then?

Now I'm trying to figure out what I want to have for dinner. I still don't have food at home and don't quite feel like grocery shopping and cooking. The first thing that comes to my mind on a Saturday when this happens is "pizza!", but this went through my mind last Thursday already and I can't eat the same thing only after two days... Or can I?

0 comments: