Sunday, January 02, 2005

New year, new activities

Wow, I haven't posted anything since last year.... What a terrible blogger I am! :-)

Anyway, my new year has been interesting so far. Yesterday I went skiing for the first time in my life. And it was actually fun! I didn't fall (although I did almost fall a couple of times) and I was starting to get confortable with it. However it was tiring. You have to wear a boot that forces you always to kind of squat all the time, and this boot and the skis are heavy. Interestingly, I am not all sore today!

Sure it required a 2 hour drive to the ski station (we went to a place called Crystal Mountain) and US$40 per person for rental, pass to the easy slope and a 2-hour class... It also required clothes that I didn't have, so I did suffer a little because I was wearing jeans, no ski glasses, and no ski gloves. But I survived and I'm happy that I did something new in this new year! Oh, and my car got to know what snow is...

I'm not sure what we are doing today yet, but hopefully it will continue to be something new.

0 comments: