Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend driving

So this last weekend we went for the first time (well, actually it was the first time for me) to the Olympic Peninsula to relax and have some time away from all the work and home duties. It was nice, but a lot of driving. If you want to know what a lot means, well, here is an approximation of our trip:



It's pretty long, huh? Well, my car left with a little less than 2K miles on its odometer and came back with almost 2.5K. But I was quite happy with its fuel consumption. If I had enough courage, I could probably have done the whole trip in a single tank of gas. But I did put on gas when it was a little less than 1/4 left on the tank, 80 miles from home. On average about 32 miles a gallon, which is pretty impressive for driving in some mountainous roads and a 2.0 turbo engine.

If you are interested in pictures, you can check my SmugMug gallery. I'm impressed with myself for having it up this quickly. I knew that if I didn't put the time to get it out now it probably would take another couple of months until I would have enough energy to do it. And it would have forgotten a lot of details about why I decided to take some of those pictures.

So now I'm back to real life with a lot of things happening at the same time. So it's time to try to get some of those things done.
blog comments powered by Disqus