Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It was my birthday

Yes, Monday was my birthday and I'm realizing that I'm getting more and more alone in this world. It's not that nobody called me or sent me emails, it's just that I've realized that I've been ignoring my friends for too long. I said I planned to email them more often, but it's not happening as much as I wanted. Most of the reason is that I just haven't had much private time lately. And this is slowly killing me, but bound to change soon.

Maybe that's why when I opened my gold box (in Amazon - yes, they bought it back!), I received the following book suggestions:

Final Gifts : Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying

Who Dies? : An Investigation of Conscious Living and Conscious Dying

Sacred Passage : How to Provide Fearless, Compassionate Care for the Dying
Invisible Acts of Power : Personal Choices That Create Miracles


The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying: The Spiritual Classic & International Bestseller; Revised and Updated Edition

Handbook for Mortals: Guidance for People Facing Serious Illness

Very creepy...

Anyway, thank you for everybody that wished me a happy birthday. I am going to be replying to your emails personally during the next days.

3 comments:

Eternal Safiry said...

What in the world did you mean by "personally"? Do you, by any chance, have a secretary already that replies to your friend's emails, in order to spare you the time? That would be VERY much inadequate...
Anyway, although I am just teasing you, definitely I hope for an answer of MY emails, from you, PERSONALLY! ;)
Take care, loner!

Michel said...

Well, remember that I'm a programmer... I can actually write a program that goes through my email and finds everything that has "happy birthday" or derivatives and send an automated reply. :-)

But don't worry, I'll get to it. I just have to stop working until 10 pm or so...

Jae Ann said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Sad part is I had a reminder sent to my inbox, and I still didn't send you a message. I'm really bad. I just have only about 4 thousand more emails to check, and I never seem to be online anymore. Here I am at work, beinga bad employee, typing a comment in your blog.