Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Now I have a little bit more time to post. Not much time to work on the layout, though... I'll wait for my computer to arrive for this one!

Anyway, I'm at home and posting from my laptop connected to Amazon's dial-up access. It is pretty neat, but I'm not completely sure if they are not logging everything I do and I'll receive a nasty note from my boss saying: do not use Amazon resources for personal stuff! You are fired! :-)

My first two days at work were pretty confusing. I'm trying to get used to all the thousands of acronyms that are used, and the concepts of the system that is being built, while trying to get settled, trying to find a place to live and so on. I've had 3 meeting so far and I can't say I understood that much of what is going on during these meetings. Tomorrow I have a couple more scheduled, Friday my boss will be back from a trip and said he would like to meet and, hopefully, discuss what I will be doing more specifically. So far I have only been studying what I can from their huge intranet.

A little bit about Seattle: it does rain here! My first evening here was great, but then it pretty much rained every day. Not the whole day and never that much to really get you wet, but it was always cloudy and many times it would be sprinkling.

Seattle is a very nice city, anyway! Many things to do, a place where they show "Motorcycle Diaries" (they didn't in Oklahoma), with some trafic and streets that can be confusing easily, mainly because of all the hills.

I'm sure I have a lot of other things to write about, but I just don't know what right now. I think I'm a little tired (I'm still a little in Oklahoma time, waking up every day at 5:30am) and ready to hit the bed... I'm just glad that the dial-up thing works. Maybe I will be really able to post more in the evenings at home.

1 comments:

Michel said...

Welcome first commenter!

Well, I just got a call today from the movers people saying that my boxes have arrived in Seattle. This means that I will have my computer at home soon and then I can connect to the Internet with a computer that I can install MSN. Right now this laptop is restricted to "Amazon-allowed" software. But I'll get there.

Again, welcome and I promise I will post soon. I lost a very long post this morning because of strange errors, but I'll get there. The weekend is near!