Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Friends, old games and gmail

This is a post done by request from my best friend, who went through a great ordeal to send me one of the games we used to play a lot a long time ago: X-COM UFO Defense. Great turn-based strategy game! So it's time to take a step back in time and remember the games that "defined my computer gamer experience". The list below is not in any particular order. And it could be much longer than this, but I decided to keep it simple, so that I might still be able to get some sleep tonight:
  • X-COM series
  • Maniac Mansion
  • Indiana Jones The Last Crusade & Fate of Atlantis
  • Monkey Island series
  • Leisure Suit Larry series (well, I think I've only started playing pretty late in the series, something like 5 or 6)
  • Loom
  • Myst
  • Test Drive series
  • Planetfall (I really disliked that game because I was never able to get very far on it, but it was probably one of the first games that I've played on my 8086)
  • SimCity
  • SimEarth
  • SimAnt
  • Flight Simulator
  • Lakers versus Celtics
  • Battle Chess
  • Lemmings series
  • Prince of Persia (they just come out with a new of this series, amazing!)
  • Sam and Max
  • Space Quest (also didn't play too many of the series)
  • The Adventures of Willy Beamish
  • Elvira & Elvira 2
  • Budokan
  • Indy 500
  • Vette!
  • Stunts
  • Syndicate
  • Out of this world
  • Wolfenstein 3D
  • Doom
  • Dune
Writing this list made me realize how much free time I used to have... And there are tons of games that I remember playing them, but couldn't figure out the name any more. And these are all computer games. I could try to list old game boy, NES, SNES, SEGA Master System... Oh, so much time... I'm so old!

And what about gmail? Well, it's the second day in a row that I receive a message from somebody saying that they tried to send me something on my gmail and it bounced. So the ended up sending it to my yahoo account and it all worked. Go figure how evil Google wants to be.

Ok! enough about forcing my memory and time to go to sleep. It's been a very busy week so far and it's just the beginning. I'm looking forward to the weekend when it's supposed to be below freezing and snowing. The joys of winter.

2 comments:

Codename X said...

I would comment about my own game list, but hey, you did cover everything!

The only addition I would do is the Wing Commander series and the X-Wing series (after all I´m still a Star Wars fan).

Cheers!

Michel said...

Good additions! Yes, I remember playing those too! Did days have 40 hours back then? I can't figure out how I was able to have that much time to remember playing games that much.