Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A proud workaholic I am

I know this is not news for most people, but yesterday I again felt that I'm proud of being a workaholic. I was at work at 8:15 in the morning and I left work at 10:40 in the evening. When I arrived, nobody of my group was there. When I left, I was also alone... But I felt like I was doing something important. I was actually trying to decrease the amount of work other people have to do and this makes me proud of myself.

Very interesting this fact... I spent some minutes thinking about it while in the bus going home last evening: I like to work in order to make other people work less. I should receive a prize for it! :-)

Anyway, not much else to say, unfortunately. I could go in length about Apple switching to Intel chips or that more Laptops were sold than Desktops (I helped that I guess) or even the continuing skyrocket rise of Google, but I guess I'll just retire and try to start my day around here.

I hope everybody is feeling great there and excited about their lives.

3 comments:

Eternal Safiry said...

You know... when you start being workaholic, you usually feel proud of yourself. But do that everyday of your life for more than 2 or 3 years, working 12, 14 maybe 16 hours every day. Tell me then if you feel that proud. No one should be deprived of their own lives due to work. Working is important and making other people`s lives easier is important as well. But putting all the efforts of your life like this seems now unfair to me. But... that`s my point: after too much time working too much makes you feel different about the subject...

Anonymous said...

wow you put that wonderfully! I've been trying to get that concept to him for a while now :)

Michel said...

Uhm... I wish I was able to agree with you, Safiry. The fact is that I have been a workaholic for more than 2 or 3 years, working 7 days a week, and I'm still proud of it. Actually I feel better the days I work more than the days I decide that there isn't much what I can do any more (like today that I had just a very bad meeting with one of my clients).

I think it's all a matter of what you do when you are not working too.